Before setting up a tenancy, we will take up references on you. We use HomeLet Referencing Service, the largest tenant referencing service in the UK, to do this.
In order to complete the referencing form, you will need to have the following information/supporting documents with you:
- The full address of your current property, including the post code
- If you have been at your current address for less than three years, a list of all your addresses for the last three years with post codes and dates of occupation
- The full company name, address and post code of your employer (if applicable).
- A contact name, telephone and fax number and email address for your employer
- A contact name/company name, address, telephone and fax number of your current letting agent or landlord (if applicable)
- Proof of address covering the last 6 months by producing at least one of the following:
- A driving licence with your current address or a recent utility company bill no more than 3 months old or a recent telephone bill or recent council tax bill in your name at your current address or a signed and dated letter from your employer’s human resources department or finance director showing the name of the individual and position within the company (Please note that bank statements, DSS/pensions/passbooks/benefit vouchers are not acceptable as proof of residency).
- One form of photographic identification per tenant – a copy of your passport or driving licence.
Payments to secure the property*:
- A security deposit – this equates to one month’s rent plus £200. It will be returned to you at the end of your tenancy as long as the property has been left in good order and there are no payments outstanding.
On the day you move into the property you will need to pay*:
- One month’s rental in advance.
If you are earning less than 2.5 times the annual rent then you will usually require a guarantor.
Please note that all students are required to either provide a guarantor or pay 6 months rent upfront.
Guarantors must have an annual income of at least 3 times the annual rent (overseas guarantors must be employed and not self-employed or retired). They need to fill out an application form providing the residence/employment information specified above, provide proof of address and sign a “Guarantor Agreement”.
Please contact us if you would like us to fax or email the application forms to you.
Please note that the security deposit cannot be paid, and the property cannot be secured for you, until the necessary application and referencing forms, and/or guarantor forms, have been fully completed.
* - please note that all payments must be made by card or cash & we charge a 2% handling fee for all payments made by credit card.